Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Safely Landed

We arrived safely in London yesterday. All of our flights left on time and were uneventful. Dimitri was able to sleep for several hours on the plane but Father and I did not get any sleep. We felt so out of it yesterday.
I feel like I am in another country but have not decided whether I am in England or Russia. Everybody has been speaking in Russian around me since all of our time has been spent around the church so far.
We took a small walk around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon. Everything is so narrow and quaint! The people drive very fast on the tight roads.
Last night started with Dima falling asleep on his own. Unfortunately, he kept waking up, so for the first several hours of the night I only got two hours of sleep, one hour at a time. When I had finally rocked him to sleep, I was too afraid to move so I just propped myself up. Then Father and I could not sleep because of jet lag. We finally fell asleep at 3:45AM giving us about five and a half hours of sleep.
Today we are feeling much more ourselves. We are hoping to do some sightseeing this afternoon. I miss everybody from home though!

No comments:

Post a Comment